Advanced Yoga Studies Program
Program begins January 23rd, 2016.
Must have completed a 200 hour YTT program from any school
in order to apply for the Advanced Studies Program.
If you want to strengthen your skills as a teacher and take your personal practice to the next level - this training program is for you! Yoga Teachers are invited to participate in a transformational program to increase your knowledge of Yoga, deepen your personal practice and improve your teaching skills.
This unique program is offered as a cohort model, running for one year, in which a small group of devoted practitioners will study and learn together, reflect and transform together, while enjoying a special space of connection and inspiration. The group that comes together is always inspiring due to the like-minded nature and enthusiasm for Yoga.
The carefully selected faculty, chosen for their in-depth knowledge and passion for practice, is extraordinary!! They have backgrounds and education you will not find in other programs. The curriculum is cohesive and comprehensive offering an accurate historical perspective and in-depth knowledge from ancient and modern yoga texts. The program has a new apprenticeship portion for refinement in teaching methods and a retreat requirement to provide immersion into self study and personal practice.
The YTT program is in accordance with the Yoga Alliance National Standards and includes study and experience in:
• Practice and Training in Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
• Philosophy and Ethics including Yama and Niyama
• Anatomy and Physiology – Physical and Energetic
• Yogic Lifestyle and Balanced Living
• Effective Teaching Methodology
The program covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Sanskrit & Pronunciation
- Mantra, Chanting and Sound Therapy
- Yoga Nidra, Relaxation & Meditation
- Yoga for Stress Management & Healing
- Therapeutic Application of Asana
- Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras
- Pranayama, Prana Vayus and Maya Koshas
- Body Reading and Observation
- Karma Yoga & Spiritual Activism
- Yin Yoga & Healthy Joints
- Instruction Refinement & Methodology
- How to Design a Workshop & Lead a Yoga Retreat
- Plus more. . .
- True Nature School of Yoga Training Manual
- Organic Canvas Tote Bag and Journal
- Unlimited $5 classes at Yoga Oceanside during the program
- 10% discount in boutique
Registration does not include books, audio CDs, or other materials which you may want to purchase to enhance your study. Upon submitting your application, or by request, a recommended reading list will be sent to you. The Yoga Oceanside boutique keeps the books in stock for your convenience.
Program Dates & Details:
The program will meet one weekend per month, mostly Saturday & Sunday for one year. Two weekends the group will meet Friday-Sunday (See dates below). Schedule will generally run 9:00am - 6:00pm with some slight adjustments for guest teachers. There is also an apprenticeship requirement of an additional 30 hours, of which you will attend, observe and assist in live classes, workshops and/or retreats with your Mentor Teacher. Dates and times for apprenticeship are determined by you and your Mentor Teacher and is included in your tuition.
Weekend Dates for 2016
January 23 & 24
February 27 & 28 - Yin Yoga Training Immersion
March 19 & 20
April 23 & 24
May 21 & 22
June 24, 25 & 26 - Yoga Nidra Training Immersion
July 9 & 10 - Yoga Therapeutics
August 13 & 14 - Yoga Therapeutics
September 10 & 11 - Neuroscience and Yoga Applications for Trauma
October 15 & 16
November 4, 5 & 6 - Sadhana Immersion with Nischala Joy Devi
December 10 & 11
Tuition: $3,900. Payments can be made at $325 per month.
Early Bird Tuition: $3,500. Paid in full prior to the start of the program.
SPECIAL OFFER: $3,300 tuition. Paid in full by December 15th.
Special Note: True Nature Graduates who have successfully completed our 200 hour YTT program are eligible for partial scholarships. Please state your request for scholarship in your application.
Please don't hesitate to express your specific need regarding payment. True Nature School of Yoga does not turn away dedicated students due to financial hardship.
For 500 Hour YTT Applicants:
1. Please download and fill-out the Application Form.
2. Send a check (made payable to True Nature) to:
603 Seagaze Drive, #424
Oceanside, CA 92054
3. Or, to make a payment online with a credit card click here
For additional information or questions, please contact:760-458-4517 or firstname.lastname@example.org