Advanced Yoga Studies Program
Program begins January 23rd, 2016.
If you want to strengthen your skills as a teacher and take your personal practice to the next level - this training program is for you! Yoga Teachers are invited to participate in a transformational program to increase your knowledge of Yoga, deepen your personal practice and improve your teaching skills.
This unique program is offered as a cohort model, running for one year, in which a small group of devoted practitioners will study and learn together, reflect and transform together, while enjoying a special space of connection and inspiration. The group that comes together is always inspiring due to the like-minded nature and enthusiasm for Yoga.
The carefully selected faculty, chosen for their in-depth knowledge and passion for practice, is extraordinary!! They have backgrounds and education you will not find in other programs. The curriculum is cohesive and comprehensive offering an accurate historical perspective and in-depth knowledge from ancient and modern yoga texts. The program has a new apprenticeship portion for refinement in teaching methods and a retreat requirement to provide immersion into self study and personal practice.
The YTT program is in accordance with the Yoga Alliance National Standards and includes study and experience in:
• Practice and Training in Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
• Philosophy and Ethics including Yama and Niyama
• Anatomy and Physiology – Physical and Energetic
• Yogic Lifestyle and Balanced Living
• Effective Teaching Methodology
The program covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Sanskrit & Pronunciation
- Mantra and Chanting
- Yoga Nidra, Relaxation & Meditation
- Yoga for Stress Management & Healing
- Therapeutic Application of Asana
- Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras
- Pranayama, Prana Vayus and Maya Koshas
- Body Reading and Observation
- Karma Yoga & Spiritual Activism
- Yin Yoga & Healthy Joints
- Instruction Refinement & Methodology
- How to Design a Workshop & Lead a Yoga Retreat
- Plus more. . .
- True Nature School of Yoga Training Manual
- Organic Canvas Tote Bag and Journal
- Unlimited $5 classes at Yoga Oceanside during the program
- 10% discount in boutique
Registration does not include books, audio CDs, or other materials which you may want to purchase to enhance your study. Upon submitting your application, or by request, a recommended reading list will be sent to you. The Yoga Oceanside boutique keeps the books in stock for your convenience.
Program Dates & Details:
The program will meet one weekend per month, Saturday & Sunday for one year. Schedule will generally run 9:00am - 6:00pm with some slight adjustments for guest teachers. There is also an apprenticeship requirement of an additional 40 hours, of which you will attend, observe and assist in live classes. Dates and times for apprenticeship are determined by you and your Mentor Teacher(s) and is included in your tuition. Additionally, sometime during the year you will attend 2 one-day retreats of your choosing. The one-day retreats will be held at Yoga Oceanside, scheduled every other month, and will require an additional nominal fee.
Weekend Dates for 2016
January 23 & 24
February 27 & 28
March 19 & 20
April 23 & 24
May 21 & 22
June 25 & 26
July 9 & 10
August 13 & 14
September 10 & 11
October 15 & 16
November 4, 5 & 6 (Special note: this weekend is a very unique 3-day sadhana immersion with Nischala Joy Devi at a private residence limited to 20 participants.)
December 10 & 11
Tuition: $3,900. Payments can be made at $325 per month.
Early Bird Tuition: $3,500. Paid in full prior to the start of the program.
Special Note: True Nature Graduates who have successfully completed our 200 hour YTT program are eligible for partial scholarships. Please state your request for scholarship in your application.
Please don't hesitate to express your specific need regarding payment. True Nature School of Yoga does not turn away dedicated students due to financial hardship.
For 500 Hour YTT Applicants:
1. Please download and fill-out the Application Form.
2. Send a check (made payable to True Nature) to:
603 Seagaze Drive, #424
Oceanside, CA 92054
3. Or, to make a payment online with a credit card click here
For additional information or questions, please contact:760-458-4517 or email@example.com